To upload a large file to a case, you must first be provisioned on the Secure File Transfer (SFT) system. This is done in three ways.
- When creating a case, click the checkbox for "Request FTP" on the Submit page of the case creation process.
- Click the "Request FTP" on the "Additional Info" section of an existing case.
- The engineer working your case can request FTP be provisioned.
In all these methods the following will happen:
- A directory for your case will be created on SFT
- An account is created for you on SFT if one doesn't already exist
- An email is sent to you with the log in details
Once you receieve the email you should first login to SFT and change your password.
To upload files you have two options.
- Upload using Secure File website
- After logging in, click “Upload”
- Click the drop-down and select case directory
- Drag & drop, or browse to upload file
Note: Files are not retained on the upload server, but a record of uploads is kept under logs.
- Upload using SFTP
- Enter sftp://secure-file.extremenetworks.com for host, username and password
- Browse to local file location
- Drag and drop file on to case folder
Note: Files are not retained on the upload server, but a record of uploads is kept under transfers.