The 200 Series switch supports:
- Dot3af (low power) and Legacy Support
- Dot3at (high power) Applications
- Flexible Power Management
The PoE feature allows an administrator to perform following actions:
- Provide power to requesting devices attached directly to the switch
- Disable some or all PoE ports from delivering power
- Manage the amount of power that can be delivered on a PoE port
- View the electrical measurements and power delivery status of the PoE ports
- Restore PoE port to normal state when it is in a fault state
When configuring you switch for POE
, you will nee to know the POWER BUDGETNote that in this display, the total power budget is 185000 mw
. The same information can be access in the CLI, but it will be in WATTS I.E. 185 W
Once you know the POWER Budge,determine to power requirements for the devices you want to add.
AT Power = 12.95W
AF Power = 25.5W
If the total Watts required exceed what is available, some of the devices will require external power.
Only configure the ports that require POE to have it enabled.
For Wireless ACCESS POINTS make sure the PRIORITY is set to HIGH.
To reboot an Access POINT disable POE to the port and after about 10 seconds, re-enable it.