The following procedure would be performed on the Dragon appliance you wish to restrict SSH access:
- vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config
- Change the ListenAddress variable from 0.0.0.0 to the external management IP address of the Dragon appliance.
- vi /etc/hosts.allow
For example, in your Dragon appliance has the IP address of 172.26.53.90, and you wanted to only allow SSH access from machines in the 172.26.153.x nextwork:
- ListenAddress ( /etc/ssh/sshd_config ) would be set to: 172.26.53.190
- /etc/hosts.allow would have entries of (note period after 153.):
- sshd : 172.26.153. : allow
sshd : ALL : deny
- /etc/hosts.deny would have entry of:
This would prevent all machines from SSHing to 172.26.53.190 except for 172.26.153. machines (like 172.26.153.175).