The database restore function for version 8 is different from prior versions and must be done via a cli command. The user interface for the java applications and in EMC's OneView window don't have provisions to allow a database restore and can only be used to initialize the database to a default state.
The restore runs using the mysqlbackup_restore script in the <install directory>\scripts directory.
To restore the Management Center database backup:
- Ensure you are running the same version of Management Center used when creating the database backup on the Management Center server.
- Log into the system shell (via the local console or SSH) on the Management Center server as root on a Linux operating system or open a CMD prompt by selecting Run as administrator on a Windows operating system.
- Navigate to the scripts directory:
- On a Windows server, enter cd "<install directory>"\scripts.
- On a Linux server, enter cd <install directory>/scripts.
- Run the mysqlback_restore script:
- On a Windows server, enter mysqlbackup_restore.cmd "<full backup directory structure configured on Backup/Restore tab, including path>"
(e.g. mysqlbackup_restore.cmd "C:\Program Files\Extreme Networks\NetSight\backup\netsight_03272017/").
- On a Linux server, enter ./mysqlbackup_restore.sh <full backup directory structure configured on Backup/Restore tab, including path>
(e.g. ./mysqlbackup_restore.sh /usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/backup/netsight_03272017/).