Adding a Switch:
Access Points and Switches are automatically added to via the cloud-connector when the DHCP and DNS prerequisites have been met. You can use the Add functionality to pre-provision any AP or switch before they connect.
To add a switch to your network:
- Per-configure your external DHCP and DNS servers on your network for discovery of the new switch. In order for the to communicate to the ExtremeCloud Appliance:
- The DHCP Server (that will be serving an IP to the switch) needs to return a DNS Server and Domain Name to the switch.
- The DNS Server needs to map the name extremecontrol.<domain-name> to the IP address of the ECA/XCA that you plan to add the switch.
- Confirm that the DHCP server is serving the correct DNS and domain name information.
- Go to Devices > Switches.
- Click Add and configure the parameters. NOTE - You can clone a switch from within a site
- Configure the following parameters.
- Serial Number - Unique number that identifies the switch. Provide this number for new and cloned switches. This number is on the switch.
- Model - Select model number from the drop-down list. The model number is on the switch.
- Name - Unique name for the switch. Provide a unique name.
- Description - Text description to help identify the switch.
- Click OK.
- Connect your switch to the network and power it on.
Manually add the IP of your ECA/XCA on your switch -
- Enter the config mode - type config then the enter key
- (Extreme 200) # ip host "extremecontrol" <eca_ip_address>