Initial setup steps after receiving an ExtremeCloud supported device:
Note: Your CloudSwitch will check for cloud configuration changes in the cloud every 5 minutes. It could take up to 5 minutes for a configuration change to be pushed to the switch.Troubleshooting steps for x440-G2:
- Open your welcome letter instructing customer to activate account - Note: Accounts are created in a disabled state and the owner of the account is sent an email that contains a link that must be clicked to activate the account. If the link was not clicked within 8 hours of the email being sent, for security reasons we require a manual action to activate the first account if it is not activated via the link within 8 hours.
- Create account and logs in as administrator
- Define Network Configuration:
- Create new sites (Default exists), Create services, etc.…
- Connect device to your network.
- Device exercises discovery methods and contacts devices.extremenetworks.com.
- Device connects and provides service according to assigned site configuration
- Make sure the switch supports cloud. If your switch does not have a cert installed it does not support ExtremeCloud.
show ssl manufacturing
- Does your switch have a active contract for cloud?
- Make sure the switch is getting a DHCP address with correct DNS server that can resolve devices.extremenetworks.com.
- Check to see if summitX-220.127.116.11-cloud_connector-18.104.22.168.xmod is installed. This version prevents ExtremeCloud from connecting. The versions v22.214.171.124 and newer have fixed this bug.
- Reinstall EXOS with the same version in order to fix.
Note: You do not need the cloud connector for ExtremeCloud. It is used for ZTP+, not ExtremeCloud.
- Download and use the EZCLOUDX PRE-REQUISITE VALIDATION TOOL to test your network connectivity to the cloud
- If you the switch is still not able to connect to the cloud you will need to factory reset the switch through the console port by typing "unconfigure switch all".
Troubleshooting steps for 200 Series:
Does your switch have a active contract for cloud?
Make sure the switch is getting a DHCP address with correct DNS server that can resolve devices.extremenetworks.com.
- If you the switch is still not able to connect to the cloud you will need to factory reset the switch through the console port by typing "clear config".