Initial setup steps after receiving an ExtremeCloud supported device:
Note: Your CloudSwitch will check for cloud configuration changes in the cloud every 5 minutes. It could take up to 5 minutes for a configuration change to be pushed to the switch.Troubleshooting steps:
- Open your welcome letter instructing customer to activate account
- Create account and logs in as administrator
- Define Network Configuration:
- Create new sites (Default exists), Create services, etc.…
- Connect device to your network.
- Device exercises discovery methods and contacts devices.extremenetworks.com.
- Device connects and provides service according to assigned site configuration
- Make sure the switch supports cloud. If your switch does not have a cert installed it does not support ExtremeCloud.
show ssl manufacturing
- Does your switch have a active contract for cloud?
- Make sure the switch is getting a DHCP address with correct DNS server that can resolve devices.ezcloudx.com.
- Check to see if summitX-18.104.22.168-cloud_connector-22.214.171.124.xmod is installed. This version prevents ExtremeCloud from connecting. The versions v126.96.36.199 and newer have fixed this bug.
- Reinstall EXOS with the same version in order to fix.
Note: You do not need the cloud connector for ExtremeCloud. It is used for ZTP+, not ExtremeCloud.