Follow the below procedure to upgrade the software on the Virtual Services Platform 4000/8000/7200/9000 using the internal flash memory as the file storage location.
Note: For configuration Backup/Restore and Upgrade, RWA user is required.
Before beginning the upgrade,
• Save and back up the configuration files (if it is a new switch, backup might not be required)
• Connect the switch using FTP (File Transfer Protocol)and push the software file to the internal flash (/intflash) from a locally connected PC (filezilla or winscp are recommended as they are user friendly). The procedure is as mentioned below:
Step 1: Check reachability to switch
Step 2: Connect to the switch through the filezilla/winscp tool.
Step 3: Enter the switch IP address, username and password, then click Quickconnect to establish the connection between the tool and the switch.
STEP 4: Drag and drop files from desktop to switch internal flash (/intflash)
• User must log on to at least the Privileged EXEC mode in ACLI.
Command to back-up the configuration to Internal Flash:
#copy /intflash/config.cfg /intflash/config_backup.cfg
Command to back-up the configuration from Internal Flash to USB:
#Copy /intflash/config_backup.cfg /usb/config_backup.cfg
where "config_backup.cfg" is the name of the back-up configuration file
Command to restore the configuration from USB:
#copy /usb/intflash/config_backup.cfg /intflash/config_backup.cfg
Command to restore the configuration from Internal Flash:
#copy intflash/config_backup.cfg /intflash/config.cfg
Command to set the config as the primary configuration
#boot config choice primary config-file config.cfg
Copy the software image to the device using USB or TFTP server
#copy /usb/VSP xx00.4.x.x.tgz /intflash/VSPxx00.4.x.x.tgz
1. Extract the release distribution files to the /intflash/release/ directory:
#software add WORD<1-99>
2. Extract the module files to the /intflash/release directory:
#software add-module [software version] [modules file name]
3. Install the image:
#software activate WORD<1-99>
4. Restart the Virtual Services Platform 4000/8000/7200/9000:
Important : After executing the command "restart", check the amount of time configured for the commit timer to verify the upgrade and commit the software to gold. When commit the software to gold is not given and auto-commit is not enabled, the system restarts with the last known working version after the commit timer has expired. This feature ensures to regain control of the system if an upgrade fails.
5. Confirm the software is upgraded:
6. Commit the software:
Upgrade Path for VSP VOSS Devices
|Device Description||Device Running Version||Device Upgrade Version||Device Upgrade Path|