1. Is this a new device being set up for the first time? Check the following...
2. Did the device check-in recently? There is a last check-in timer for every device listed in ExtremeCloud
3. If the device has not checked in, you will need to check the status of the device locally
4. Further Troubleshooting:
- Check the LED status of the device to confirm if it's functional
- Did something change on the network segment around the time of the last check-in? Content filter changes, failing DNS, VLAN changes, new firewall rules or do you have GEO-IP filters in place (some servers are in Germany)?
- Did the DHCP server change? Is the AP getting an IP address?
- Can you ping the device locally?
- Is there an NTP server configured and is the time correct?
- Are other AP’s at the local site and/or in the same switch up and running?
- Can clients on the local network get to the internet (DNS Check)?
- Can you try to reset the device back to factory (reset button or local CLI command)?
5. Common issues:
6. If all else fails, contact the GTAC directly for assistance - How to contact Extreme Networks Global Technical Assistance Center (GTAC)