By default, TFTP is used to transfer the EXOS image. The image can also be transferred via SCP or via USB (if the switch has a USB port). See the articles linked below for further details:
- If upgrading a BlackDiamond chassis with two MSMs, then follow the steps above only on the Master MSM – after which it will automatically synchronize with the Backup.
- It is unnecessary to specify the partition on which to load the new image, because by default it will be downloaded and installed on the non-active partition.
- If XMODs are utilized in your environment, then install them prior to rebooting.
- Upgrading via ScreenPlay is not currently supported in EXOS and must be done through the CLI.
- If upgrade errors out with "Failed to download image - tftp: server error: (1) TFTP Error: File too large for TFTP Protocol" - UPGRADE TFTP Server.
How to upgrade EXOS using SCP
How to upgrade EXOS from a USB flash drive
See also: How to install a TFTP server in Windows