Enable debug logging an EXOS upgrade:
- If upgrading a BlackDiamond chassis with two MSMs, then follow the steps above only on the Master MSM – after which it will automatically synchronize with the Backup.
- It is unnecessary to specify the partition on which to load the new image, because by default it will be downloaded and installed on the non-active partition.
- If XMODs are utilized in your environment, then install them prior to rebooting.
- Upgrading via ScreenPlay is not currently supported in EXOS and must be done through the CLI.
- If upgrade errors out with "Failed to download image - tftp: server error: (1) TFTP Error: File too large for TFTP Protocol" - UPGRADE TFTP Server.
- Enable Debug logging for an EXOS upgrade:
debug epm configure upgrade verbose
debug epm configure upgrade quiet
By default, TFTP is used to transfer the EXOS image. The image can also be transferred via SCP or via USB (if the switch has a USB port). See the articles linked below for further details:
How to upgrade EXOS using SCP
How to upgrade EXOS from a USB flash drive
See also: How to install a TFTP server in Windows