- Verify switch to be added is running the same EXOS version and is on the same partition.
- Verify that stacking protocol matches on the existing stack and the new switch.
- show stacking configuration
- show stacking detail
Note: If the command, "show stacking configuration" is not working on the new switch, please ensure that the stacking-support is enabled.
- Power down new switch and cable it up in the stack.
- Power the new switch back up.
- On the existing stack verify the new switch is being seen by the current stack (The command below will display the new switches MAC and show that stacking is disabled):
- show stacking
- If the new switch is not showing then double check the actions above to make sure they are correct. If you are still having trouble getting the new node to show up contact GTAC.
- On the existing stack, type the following commands:
- configure stacking node-address <MAC_OF_NEW_SWITCH> slot <SLOT_#>
- synchronize stacking node-address <MAC_OF_NEW_SWITCH>
- enable stacking node-address <MAC_OF_NEW_SWITCH>
- reboot node-address <MAC_OF_NEW_SWITCH>
- After the new switch reboots, verify that it is in the stack with the command show slot