- Backup the configuration.
- Make sure the EWC is powered down
- From the vSphere client, remove the EWC vm from inventory (do *not* Delete from disk)
- In the datastore where the EWC's vmdk files exist, download the .vmx file
- With a text editor, edit the .vmx file and change: virtualHW.version = "*" -to- virtualHW.version = "8"
- Upload the changed file to its original location
- In the vSphere client, select the .vmx file in the Datastore browser and choose "Register VM"
- Power up the EWC and verify correct operation.