To derive the AP’s IP address using its factory assigned MAC address…
- Document the AP Mac Address. The MAC Address can be found on the label on the bottom of the Access Point.
- Open the Windows calculator by selecting Start>All Programs>Accessories>Calculator. This menu path may vary slightly depending on your version of Windows.
- With the Calculator displayed, select View>Programmer. Select the Hex radio button.
- Enter a hex byte of the AP’s MAC address. For example, F0.
- Select the Dec radial button. The calculator converts the hexidecimal value F0, to the decimal value of 240.
- Repeat this process for the last AP MAC address octet to complete the 169.254.x.x shadow IP Address