1. Login to the CLI of the Switch to clear the current running configuration
2. Type clear config
1. Connect local console cable to the switch
2. Reboot the switch
3. During boot process select option 2 for the Display Utility Menu
4. Select Option 6 Erase Current Configuration
5. Select Option 12
if desired to Erase All Configuration Files
6. Select Option 11
1. Login to the switch via the GUI
2. Select the System
Menu and from the drop down select Configuration Storage/Erase Startup
3. The Erase Startup
Option will clear the Start-up configuration upon the next switch reboot. The running config will stay operational until the next system reboot This procedure will not remove any back-up configurations.
4. Select the Reset
button to execute this option.
5. The Reset
menu option if selected will immediatley clear the running configuration of the switch. The Start-up and Back-up configurations will remain upon reboot. A question will be asked if you would like to overwrite the Start-up Configuration in the CLI If Yes is selected the configuration will be overwritten with the new configuration. If No is selected the original Start-up configuration will remain.