Policy resource allocation needs to be done via cli on the switch. Re-allocation of resources will allow more policy rules but will reduce other space as indicated in the documentation; this applies to ACL's where increasing rule space will reduce available ACL's that can be written.
The process is as follows:
- Telnet/SSH into the switch (or run a command script from XMC)
- Issue the command: disable policy
- Issue the command: configure policy resource-profile [resource profile name]
- Example: configure policy resource profile less-acl more-ipv4-no-ip
- Enforce the policy domain in XMC. This will automatically set the policy state back to enabled and will save the policy configuration on the device