Setup of Wireless Controller
From Extreme Wireless Controller
2. Add IP address of the Analytics appliance
3. Use default values for Export Interval (60) and MirrorN packets # (15)
4. Leave "traffic mirror L2 port" as none
6. You can enable what role will send the Traffic Mirror Data via using VNS->Roles->Select Role - then enable traffic mirror and then hit save
7. You need to select the Default Traffic mode of the Indentifi Controller VNS->WLAN Services -> Select WLAN, Select Default Traffic Mirror Type.
8. you must also enable netflow on the controller WLAN, from this same screen click on advanced and select enable Netflow.
9. Scroll to the bottom and Enable Netflow
This should complete the Wireless Controller Configuration Next we configure the Extreme Management Center setup for Analytics tailored for the Indentifi wireless.
1. From EMC->Analytics->Configuration->Click on = like symbol.
2. Now Add in the Engine (Analytics Appliance)
3. Give it an IP, a name (such as location etc, and SNMP profile that will be able to contact appliance (SNMPv3 supported only)
4. Once the engine is added, you must select the Wireless controller to be added to the appliance configuration
Select Analytics->Configuration->Engine->Select Engine->Select Configuration
Click Add under Flow Sources
Select IP, select NONE as a mirror port
Click on SSIDs to collect data on. Make sure they match the above for Netflow and mirror.
The following screenshot shows a completed setup for two wireless controllers
5. Once this is complete. Enforce the appliances.How to Enforce a Purview ApplianceNow we need to check to make sure the setup is working
First, lets see if there is raw data coming into the appliance. If there is no data, then the Wireless controller must be troubleshot first.
1. SSH into the Analytics Appliance, using root as username and appropriate password
The Wireless controller sends Netflow and mirror data now on port 2095.
2. Here is a sample tcpdump command to use.
tcpdump -i eth0 port 2095
3. You can hit Control-C to stop the tcpdump.
4. If there is data coming in, then next check application flows in Extreme Management Center
If there is no data. Please check the following How do I know if my Purview Analytics appliance is working correctly?
The output should look like the below. We recommend waiting 4-6 hours to let reports and response times reproduce some robust reports before reviewing them.