Prerequisites: An IP address must be configured on the vlan's used in OSPF, and must be enabled for "ip forwarding".
OSPF link type options: 2a: Create a broadcast OSPF interface:
- If not already configured, configure the router ID
- configure ospf routerid <ROUTER_ID>
Note: This should be used in a multiaccess network where two or more OSPF routers are in the same vlan. All routers need to be configured for Broadcast.
2b: Create a
- configure ospf add vlan <VLAN> area <AREA> link-type broadcast
point-to-point OSPF interface:
Note: This should be used in a /30 network where only two OSPF routers are on the link. Both routers will need to be configured for Point-To-Point.
2c: Create a
- configure ospf add vlan <VLAN> area <AREA> link-type point-to-point
passive OSPF interface
Note: Setting an interface as passive will advertises the network into OSPF. The interface will not send OSPF hellos, and not have any OSPF neighbors.
- configure ospf add vlan <VLAN> area <AREA> passive
- Enable OSPF