How to copy and load a backed up config on S-Series
- Set up a TFTP server that is reachable by the switch via IP connectivity.
- Place the backed up config file in the root directory of the TFTP server
- Be sure to turn off any firewalls on the TFTP server PC as this will likely block TFTP traffic
- run the following commands on the switch
S-Series(su)->copy tftp://188.8.131.52/configfilename.txt slot1/configfilename.txt
This command will reset the system and clear current configuration.
Are you sure you want to continue (y/n) [n]?
and Press Enter
6.The switch will now reboot and load the new config fileHow to Backup and Restore Configuration FilesHow to backup and restore a configuration on the S/K/7100 SeriesHow to Delete Configuration Files
- Login into Chassis with Super-User Rights
- Execute "dir"
- To delete a file, execute "delete slot<slot #>/<file name>"
- Verify file has been deleted by executing "dir" and seeing the file is not gone.