This process requires the Windows VM and V2110 Controller be on the same Virtual Host
Connect via VMWare named pipe option:
- You will need both a windows client with putty, and a V2110 controller both in the “powered off” state during this setup (connected to the same VMWare host)
- Right click V2110 in vSphere Client connection and click edit settings
- Click Add button at the top and select Serial Port, then click next
- Select Connect to named pipe option then click next
- For Pipe Name enter any value such as 'wireless' > Near end option select "Server" dropdown" > Far end option select "A virtual machine", thenk click Next, then Finish (leave other options default)
- Go through the same steps 1-4 but do so on the windows client and select “Client” instead of server, and use the same Pipe Name as used on the wireless controller.
- Open up putty on the windows machine and start a console session using the local com1 port (baud rate 9600) (using a detached console window in ESXi makes for easier use)
- Power on the V2110 controller and be ready to use the arrow keys in the windows putty session to get into the recovery menu.
For password recovery, please follow the following instructions found here:How to reset password on IdentiFi Wireless Controller
For instructions on fixing corrupt file system problems see here:How to Recover the Wireless Controller from File System Corruption