Upgrading a Hardware Appliance
- Login to the extranet portal to get the correct ISO image. https://extranet.extremenetworks.com
- After entering your email address and password, follow this path to the Software page: Software & Security > NetSight (NMS) > Software > select a version of software that matches what was on the system previously, or the image you wish to apply.
- Extract the file to a directory on your system.
- Insert a USB flash drive into the USB port on your appliance and note the drive letter it is assigned.
- Open a Command Prompt window and cd to the directory where you extracted the file. Be sure to use the "Run as administrator" option when launching the Command Prompt. You can access this option by right-clicking on the Command Prompt icon.
make_disk.bat <drive letter>: and press Enter. Be sure you have specified the correct drive letter.
The files are copied to the USB flash drive. When the copy is complete you will see the message "Successfully installed into <drive letter>: Press any key to continue."
- Remove the USB flash drive from your system.
- Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port on the NAC appliance.
- Press the power button, and then press FX to go to the BIOS setup.
- Configure the appliance to boot from the USB flash drive. The process for each appliance hardware type is as follows: The appliance starts booting from the USB flash drive.
- When the boot is complete, the Appliance Installation screen appears. Press Enter and the installation begins.
- After the installation completes, reboot the appliance and then remove the USB flash drive.
- Reconfigure the device for IP, subnet mask, DNS etc.
- Enforce the appliance following the software installation operation if it is not a Netsight/Extreme Management Center Server.