- Confirm license level are the same on the replacement and existing stack nodes.
- select no when prompted for easy stacking setup, as this can erase the existing stacking configuration if node is connected to stack
- Rack replacement node, plug in stacking cables and power.
- Type show stacking on master of existing stack and confirm replacement node is seen in stack topology.
- If not seen, type show stacking detail confirm existing stack nodes and replacement nodes are using the same stacking protocol (ie. standard or enhanced).
- Change stacking protocol on replacement node if needed.
configure stacking protocol <enhanced/standard>
- Confirm replacement node is now seen in stack topology.
- On Master configure the new switch slot number.
configure stacking node-address <mac address of replacement node> slot <#>
- If this is to be master capable, on the master use the below command.
configure stacking node-address <mac address of replacement node> master-capability on
- On Master synchronize stacking with the replacement node.
synchronize stacking node-address <mac-address of replacement node>.
- On Master reboot the replacement slot.
reboot node-address <mac-address of replacement node>