- Enable NTP on both ExtremeCloud Appliances, go to Administration>System>Network time, and select NTP
- On the primary ECA, go to Administration>System?Availability, and select paired.
- Configure the following parameters:
- Peer IP address: the data port IP address on the second ECA
- Auto AP balancing: select Active-Passive
In a Availability Pair, an AP establishes an active tunnel to one appliance and a backup tunnel to the other appliance. The active tunnel is used to pass the client data over tunneled topologies. • In an Active-Active configuration, approximately half of the APs establish an active tunnel to the primary appliance. The remaining APs establish an active tunnel to the backup appliance, spreading the load across the Availability Pair. • In an Active-Passive configuration, all APs establish an active tunnel to the primary appliance. The secondary appliance is used for failover only. In either configuration, however, most parameters can be configured on either appliance in the availability pair.
4. Click save
5. On the secondary ECA, select paired and configure the following parameters:
- Role: Backup
- Pait IP address: the Ip of the primary ECA
- Auto AP balancing: Select Active-passive
6. Click save
7. Go to Admi
n>Logs, and look for the message: Availability link established with peer <ip address>
8. To verify synchronization, add a network widget to the overview dashboard.
select system and drag Network Health onto the dashboard. The Synchronization Status is displayed as part of the Network Health widget.
- Go to Dashbord
- Click the pencil icon to edit the dashboard
- select widgets