A Profile is a container array of Various SNMP and CLI credentials for managing network devices.
It is built off of previously created SNMP and CLI credentials.
We will start by creating a SNMP and CLI credential.
1. Click on Administration Tab and then Profiles Tab
2. Select the SNMP Credentials and Click on the Add button
3. Give the credential a unique name, select SNMP version type and for SNMPv1 enter in the community name
-You can display the community name by clicking on the eye
4. Click Save
5. Now Select CLI credentials and Select Add
6. Now, give a description of what CLI credentials purpose is, a username and appropriate passwords. You can use a type of Telnet or SSH.
7. Click Save when complete.
8. Now it is the time to create a unique profile to use these unique credentials sets, or combinations of existing SNMP and CLI credential sets.
Click on Add under the Profiles selection
9. Add the Profile Name, and select the previously created SNMP and CLI credentials for the device. Then Click Save.
10. Now we can use this Profile to manage a device. Select the Device Mapping on lower part of screen.
11. Select the device, Select the Profile from the Profile pull down. Note the red uncommited Profile setting, Then Select Apply.
12. Click Save and then the device will be monitored using the new profile.