From Console, select Tools->Authorization/Device Access or hit the
Select The Profiles/Device Access Tab.
Something similar to the following is displayed.Editing Profiles and Credentials
These tabs set up specific combinations of SNMP settings and CLI credentials to allow specific access to devices to the assigned profile.
There are three default credentials for SNMPV1,V2,V3 use. You can also create your own, and is recommended for your unique username and passwords.
For our example, we will add in a SNMP V1 user as it is a simple one. We will then add CLI credentials to it, so Netsight can login and perform any needed script activity.
Before creating the Profile, it's important to create the credentials first
1. So lets start with adding an SNMP credential
for an Extreme Wireless Controller.
2. So Select the Profiles/Credentials Tab-> SNMP Credentials ->Click Add Credential
Note I have elected the checkbox for showing the password (the default one on device).
3. Next we set up the CLI credential
.This is so Netsight can SSH or Telnet to the device to run any needed CLI commands.
Click on Profiles/Credentials/CLI Credentials->Add or Edit (if previously made) credential.
Now that we have credentials, we can set up the Profile
4. Click on Add or Edit Profile
We add a name in for the credential and then set the SNMP settings and CLI settings.
Now that it is applied, it should be shown under the Profile/Credentials Tab.At this point, the credentials still does nothing.
It has to be applied to a device to be useful.
5. So next, we click on the Profile/Device Mapping
6. Select the device you want to assign a profile to, highlighting in the Available Devices window. (see below pic)
7. Next, Click on the Set button in arrow #1.
8. Select the Profile to use for the device by selecting as pointed to by arrow #2.
9. Once this is changed, it is important to use Refresh Devices button to make sure that the device remains reachable via Netsight.
If not, there is an inconsistency of credentials set on the device versus what is set in Netsight.At this point you can close the tab. The device is contactable using the new profile.