When performing upgrades the NetSight or Extreme Management Center appliance must be backed up and upgraded first. Upgrading all other appliances do not require an additional backup.How to backup a Netsight Database using Console1. Download the software (.bin file) from extranet.extremenetworks.com
2. Use FTP, SCP, or a shared mount point, to copy the file to the /root directory on NetSight appliance (WinSCP and Filezilla client are easy to use shareware)
3. SSH to the appliance4. Change the permissions on the upgrade file by entering the following command:
chmod 755 File_Name_<version>_install.bin
5. Run the install program by entering the following command:
6. The upgrade automatically begins and will return to the SSH prompt when completed
7. The upgrade will stop running services to perform the install, they will be restarted after completion and will take a few minutes to come back online.
8. You can them delete the .bin file, as it is no longer needed.