- SSH client such as Putty.exe
- FTP or TFTP server running
- Firmware to be uploaded
1) Log in controller via SSH and at command prompt type;
#show device-upgrade version
Below screen shows AP7532 version as 'none' which means that particular AP image is currently not resident on the controller.
2) Copy image file to TFTP/FTP home directory or Upload/Download directory in the case of 3CDaemon.
3) From controller CLI prompt, upload image file (AP7532-126.96.36.199-016R.img) to controller.
#device-upgrade load-image AP7532 tftp://10.10.10.5/AP7532-188.8.131.52-016R.img
4) By default the controller will automatically upgrade AP7532. If auto upgrade is disabled then do manual upgrade as below;
#device-upgrade AP7532 all
Note - Below is a list of different options of upgrade.
WiNGCorp-7K-Pri#device-upgrade AP7532 all ?
force Force upgrade on all devices
no-reboot No reboot (manually reboot after the upgrade)
reboot-time Schedule a reboot time
staggered-reboot Reboot one at a time without network being hit
upgrade-time Schedule an upgrade time
5) To see upgrade status;