- XOS Identity manager is supported on all XOS devices. It is important to follow the IDM Configuration guidelines.
- XOS version 15.1 or better is recommended for IDM configuration with NetSight.
Note: XML notifications are sent incorrectly only in 18.104.22.168 but fixed in 22.2. Avoid using EXOS 22.214.171.124 if using this article.
- The XOS SSH module is required to be installed in order to support communication with NetSight. EXOS 16.2, 21.1 and newer have SSH already installed.
- NetSight 6.2 is the minimum version required to support the XOS Identity Manager information.
- Switch has been configured with basic configuration, including standard IP addressing based on diagram, and SNMP configured.
- EXOS switch is already discovered in Netsight.
- Configuring and enabling Identity Manager
Note: The ports you are adding to IDM should not include the port connecting to your AD. In this example of a 24 port switch you would use ports 2-24
configure identity-management add ports <port_list | all>
configure identity-management kerberos snooping add server 192.168.1.97
The command "show xml-notification statistics" will confirm your current configuration.
- SSL -- Assuming that the SSH Module has been loaded, the following commands will enable SSL, which is required for IDM information to be sent to NetSight:
configure ssl certificate privkeylen <1024-4096> country <Country_code> organization <Organization> common-name <common-name>
Note: The command "show ssl" will show you the SSL configuration has been setup.
- XML Notifications -- The below configuration needs to be added to the switch to allow for the Identity management information to be sent to NetSight, based on the NetSight topology in this guide.
Explanation of the below commands.
- 192.168.1.98 is the IP address of Netsight
- 192.168.1.132 is the IP address of the switch sending information to NetSight
- In the second command "user netsight" is the user sending information to NetSight. This user has to be a Netsight user with admin privileges that is capable of accessing the NetSight OneView interface. The password will be entered after submitting the command.
create xml-notification target netsight_192.168.1.98 url https://192.168.1.98:8443/axis/services/event vr VR-Default
configure xml-notification target netsight_192.168.1.98 user netsight
configure xml-notification target netsight_192.168.1.98 from 192.168.1.132
enable xml-notification netsight_192.168.1.98
configure xml-notification target netsight_192.168.1.98 add idMgr
Note: Once the XML configuration has been setup, you can view that this information is being sent to NetSight by running the command:
show xml-notification statistics
Now that EXOS is configured you should now be able to login to Netsight and see the End-Systems through OneView.