Legacy Inventory Manager Procedure outlined in the following video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeCxI5TqBdAExtreme Management Center procedure:
- In Extreme Management Center click on "Administration" --> Options --> Inventory Manager
- Navigate to the SCP server properties and make sure to de-select "Anonymous" and put in the root user and root user's password for the XMC server in the box. If you have another user defined in the underlying Linux OS then enter in that users credentials and home directory information (for installs with the netsight user enter those credentials)
- Make sure that the root paths and user/password information is correct for the SCP server.
If NetSight was installed with the user netsight then this information will be (you can see the user from /var/Extreme_Networks/.netsight. Look at the line: NETSIGHT_DEFAULT_USER=netsight)
- Click the SAVE button.
- Navigate back to the Network --> Devices tab
- Right click the device ---> Configuration/Firmware --> Set Configuration
- Make sure the following options are set:
File Transfer Mode: SCP
Server for Firmware Downloads: Mapped Server
Firmware Download MIB: Script
Configuration Download MIB: estConfigMgmtMib
Once completed backups should be successful