Use this procedure for customers who do not have accounts previously created on the Extranet
1. Use the Send Package feature to initiate a secure-file transfer with any Extreme Networks customer, partner, etc., by logging into the site
with your domain username and password. Use the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Once logged in, use the Send Package feature to initiate a secure-file transfer with any Extreme customer, partner, etc.
3. Address the email to the individual, including subject and body, attach file(s) as desired. No file attachment is required – but this will initiate a transfer dialog with the intended individual to respond with their own files back to you. Click Send when done.
4. The addressee will receive two emails. One will identify a secure-package email sent by you including a link. The second will include their temporary user account (their email address and a password) for them to log in with the link provided, respond directly including any files to be returned to you, or download any that were sent.
5. When they respond, you will receive a link to access the file that has been sent to you via our secure-file system. Login with your Extreme username and password using the format email@example.com to retrieve and download the file.
Secure-packages remain for two weeks only. After that, they are deleted, and the temporary account and link are no longer accessible. File restore requests are not provided for secure-file, so be sure to access and download the file that has been sent within that time frame.
Customers who have accounts previously created on the Extranet may use this procedure:
- Go to https://secure-file.extremenetworks.com/
- Log in using your Online Case Management (extranet) credentials
- Select "Send a new package" under the Package Actions
- You may need to install the file upload applet first.
- Upload the file using "CLICK HERE to Launch the Upload/Download Wizard"
- Add File, select file, and click Next, then Next again
- Put email of GTAC person <gtacperson>@extremenetworks.com in the TO box
- Put your case number (xxxxxxx) in the subject box
- Type a message (a message is required)
- Click "Send"