- Telnet / SSH client installed on used PC, i.e. putty
- Local access to AP is needed as it cannot be done remotely. A computer with console cable directly connected is necessary to perform the connection to the WiNG device.
- RJ-45 console cable.
- Open putty and on the connection type selection choose Serial as per the image below:
- The serial port setting on the application should be the following, these settings are done over the Serial option, marked in yellow on the previous image
- Speed: 19200 or 115200 (each device has its own baud rate, normally APs has 115200 and Controllers 19200, but depends on the platform, in case of doubt, test both)
- Data: 8 bit
- Parity: none
- Stop: 1 bit
- Flow Control: None
- If you are satisfactorily connected you will see the following prompt:
- If instead of seeing the login prompt you see strange characters or nothing is showing up, then consider changing the speed as it is not probably the correct one.
- If the device is not booting the software image, is stuck in a reload loop, or always start in diag mode, consider the option of Return Material Authorization RMA Process and FAQ or Create a Case via New Portal if you want to confirm with GTAC that the unit is in a faulty mode.