On the Windows Server, where the Netsight application itself is installed. we want to modify the file nssyslogd.cfg
1. So navigate to
2. you want to open the file nssyslogd.cfg
The text file by default will look like the following.
-logdir "<C:\Program Files\Enterasys Networks\NetSight\appdata\logs\syslogs>" -maxsize 1000000 -maxfiles 10
- So in this regard, the -maxsize is 1000000 or 1MB and -maxfiles is 10 or 10 files of 1MB.
- One can alter this to be larger, say 10MB files, and maybe 90 files to get you to the three month window, if 10MB of syslog are generated in one day. Ensure you have adequate free hard drive space
-logdir "<C:\Program Files\Enterasys Networks\NetSight\appdata\logs\syslogs>" -maxsize 10000000 -maxfiles 90
3. Save the file once complete editing.
4. Open Task Manager on the server
5. Find the Netsight Syslog Service.
6. Stop the Service, then Start the service.