How to use NetSight's Inventory Manager to upgrade the IdentiFi Wireless Appliance
How to use NetSight's Inventory Manager to upgrade the IdentiFi Wireless Appliance.
NetSight Appliance (linux based, not windows server)
1. Open Inventory Manager->Tools->Options->File Transfer Settings see below. 2. Copy Wireless Controller (EWC) to the directory listed under Firmware Directory Path. 3. Uncheck Anonymous login and enter local OS credentials to get into the Netsight appliance.
4. Check Authorization Device Access to ensure that CLI credentials for the EWC are correct. Review below link if needed. How to setup CLI credentials in Netsight Console 5. From Inventory manager->Network Elements Tab Select the EWC(s) you wish to upgrade.
6. Select the Image Information Tab, select if Needed Script under MIB and Script Overrides -> Select Enterasys Networks Controller- SCP under Device Family.
7. Click on Firmware to Device Upload button 8. Select Wireless device add and click Next
9. Select The EWC on left, and double click firmware revision on right until Next Button is available and hit next.
10. Click on Start button
11. Download should start from here and Once complete hit finish. EWC will restart for firmware to take affect.
If an error is to occur, it will list it in message bar in Download Progress Window. Often the CLI credentials are not correct, or the scripting method set discussed in Step 6 is not set correctly.
The Netsight appliance has a built in SCP server. The Windows Server implementation does not. One would have to include an external app or IP under File Transfer settings in windows to address SCP externally.