1. Please run the command 'show stacking' on the G1 switches and you will notice that the G2's MAC address is not present.
2. The stacking protocol by default on the G2 is enhanced, whereas on the G1 by default it is standard.
3. Run the command 'configure stacking protocol enhanced' on the G1 switches and reboot.
4. Run the command 'enabled stacking-support' on the X460-G2.
5. Post a reboot, the X460-G2 will join the stack and the link lights on the switch for stacking came up.
6. Then run the command - enable stacking easy-setup on the switch which is lesser capable than the G2. .