- In order to make changes or configure, we need to enter configure terminal first by issuing the command "configure terminal".
- VLAN assignment to a port should be performed on specific interface for that get into the interface using the command "interface GigabitEthernet <port#>".
- If a port needs to be a trunk port, then command to be issued on the specific interface is "switchport mode trunk"
- Once the above command is executed, all the available VLAN's on switch gets allowed on the trunk link as tagged VLAN except for VLAN 1 which is Native (untagged) by default.
- If you want to change the native (untagged) VLAN to different VLAN, then command is "switchport trunk native vlan <vlan ID>"
- If only specific VLAN's needs to be allowed on trunk link as tagged, then, the command is "switchport trunk allowed vlan <vlan ID>"