A single subscription license is applied and is in the format 0001:27001.
Once applied, the license opens up use of NetSight, EWC AP capacity, and Radar so only one license is applied. Here's how it works:
- For the current SW subscription license the AP capacity and Radar is unlocked by Extreme Management Center. A customer buys the device capacity they desire via separate SKUs as described in the FAQ doc as found in step one of the procedures section of this KCS.
- The Extreme Management Center server reports device counts which include the number of APs via usage data back to Extreme Networks via a Web Services interface (Extreme Management Center server internet access required).
- The customer will be billed for their device count overages(includes APs as devices) when the Extreme back office billing validates a customer usage to contract.
- Billing will be validated at least monthly.
- Ensure the SW Subscription license is active and that the Extreme Management Center server has access to the internet to communicate with Extreme Networks via a Web Service call.
- The license level applied for a 27001 should be as follows:
Full ExtremeManagement with NMS-ADV
Unrestricted ExtremeControl Identity and Access End-System licenses
Unrestricted for ExtremeAnalytics Flow licenses
Full AP license capacity upgrades and unrestricted RADAR licenses on ExtremeWireless controllers
Service & Support for included items (ExtremeManagement, Control, Analytics, and RADAR)
Does not include Identity and Access Posture Assessment
Does not include ExtremeCloud