- The problem could be with switch such that the i2c channel might be busy or have got corrupted or stuck (causing read timeout) leading to the reported issue.
- Also, it might be an issue with one of the optics is bad optics which is making the i2c bus busy.
- Try to remove and re-insert the faulty PSU (If it has a redundant PSU).
- Please collect the “debug hal show optic-info” output and try to figure out the bad optic (the optic with problem will probably have the optic type as unknown), if any of bad optics detected, remove that and check issue is still there?
as4-ids.summitx670v.sgeq1.20 # debug hal show optic-info port 17
SFP or SFP+: SFP
TX Fault: no
SFP/SFP+ Part Number:
SFP/SFP+ Serial Number:
SFP/SFP+ Manufacture Date:
SFP/SFP+ Type: Unknown
GE Compliance: UNKNOWN (0x0)
- If none of the optics detected as bad optics in “debug hal show optic-info” output, try to remove all the cables, optics one by one and check issue is still present. (Reboot after reinstalling the entire “GBIC") Note:- Removing/re-inserting the GBIC's will cause traffic impact. Hence, perform the recommended troubleshooting during the scheduled maintenance window.
- If the issue still present, run diagnostics test to check for any hardware failure.
- Further information can be collected for investigation, please contact GTAC for assistance.