Extreme Management Center Requirements:
- Make sure the latest Cloud Connector XMOD is installed in Extreme Management Center: https://github.com/extremenetworks/EXOS_Apps/tree/master/CloudConnector. See: https://github.com/extremenetworks/EXOS_Apps/blob/master/CloudConnector/README.md
- In the Network > Devices tab in Management Center expand the World Site navigation tree and select the "Site" tab in the right panel. Make sure "Enable ZTP+ (Only in 7.x) and "Automatically Add Devices" are both selected:
- Switch must be able to receive DHCP that provides IP address, gateway, DNS server and domain name
- Switch must be able to resolve extremecontrol.<domain-name> to the IP address of the Extreme Management Center
- The switch must be factory defaults, or completely unconfigured to trigger ZTP+ process.It must not have a config file, or autoexec.xsf. To re-trigger ZTP+ run the command:
unconfigure switch all
- The switch CAN be pre-registered in Extreme Management Center, but it is not required. The device show show up as "ZTP+ Pending Edit" if not pre-registered.
For EXOS Stack:
Manually enable stacking on the device and create the stack, then the ZTP+ process can be used to configure the device. XMC and network requirements apply to stacks.
1. Create the stack setup.
2. Run the "Reboot" command. Do not "save" the configuration. Just reboot without saving. This should result in stacking being enabled on the reboot and auto-provision running.
3. After the reboot, when the device sends the ZTP+ connect message to XMC the "Serial Number" value displayed within the OneView > Network > Discovered table will be the "MAC Address" for the stack - it will no longer be the Serial Number of the device.IMPORTANT:
ZTP+ and ZTP are separate technologies.No special DHCP options are needed in order for ZTP+ to function normally.