- Select the Configuration tab from the Web UI.
- Select Profiles from the Configuration tab.
- Select Manage Profiles from the Configuration → Profiles menu.
- Select Adoption.
- Within the Controller Group field, use the Preferred Group item to set an optimal group for the access point’s adoption. The name of the preferred group cannot exceed 64 characters.
- Select the check box to define a VLAN the access point’s associating controller or service platform is reachable on.
VLANs 0 and 4,094 are reserved and cannot be used by a controller or service platform VLAN.
- Set the following Controller Hello Interval parameters:
|Hello Interval||Define an interval (from 1 - 120 seconds) between hello keep alive messages exchanged with the adopting device. These messages serve as a connection validation mechanism to ensure the availability of the adopting resource.|
|Adjacency Hold Time||Set the time (from 2 - 600 seconds) after the last hello packet after which the connection between the controller and access point is defined as lost and their connection is re-established.|
- Enter Controller Hostnames as needed to define resources for access point adoption.
- Select + Add Row as needed to populate the table with IP Addresses or Hostnames used as access point adoption resources into the managed network.
Host - Use the drop-down menu to specify whether the adoption resource is defined as a (non DNS) IP Address or a Hostname. Once defined, provide the numerical IP or Hostname. A Hostname cannot exceed 64 characters.
Routing Level - Define a routing level (either 1 or 2) for the link between adopting devices. The default setting is 1.
10. Select OK to save the changes to the access point profile adoption configuration. Select Reset to revert to the last saved configuration.