When upgrading software using a USB device you must do the following:
- Use a Brocade branded USB device. Non-Brocade branded USB devices are not supported.
- In NOS Version 7.4.1 as well as 7.2.0d this restriction is removed
- No further patches are planned for 7.3x. If upgrading from 7.2.0d proceed directly to 7.4.1
- Enable the USB device with the
usb on command.
- Folder containing the firmware"nosX.X.X" must be copied into a directory named "firmware" on the Brocade branded USB device.
If the above items are true, then you can use the
firmware download usb directory <nosX.X.X>
command and follow the prompts to successfully upgrade firmware.