The following are the definitions for each Administrator Role, which can also be obtained from the WiNG 5 Controller UI under Configuration/Management/Policy/Administrators, using the Online Help (Blue circle/White question mark on top right-hand side under Commit/Save):Add administrators as needed when specific roles and access types require creation for individuals responsible for network management.
- Select the Add button to create a new administrator configuration, Edit to modify an existing configuration or Delete to permanently remove an Administrator from the list of those available.
- If creating a new administrator, enter a user name in the User Name field. This is a mandatory field for new administrators and cannot exceed 32 characters. Optimally assign a name representative of the user and their intended role.
- Provide a strong password for the administrator within the Password field, once provided, Reconfirm the password to ensure its accurately entered. This is a mandatory field.
- Select Access options to define the permitted access for the user. Access modes can be assigned to management user accounts to restrict which management interfaces the user can access. A management user can be assigned one or more access roles allowing access to multiple management interfaces. If required, all four options can be selected and invoked simultaneously.
|Web UI|| ||Select this option to enable access to the device's Web user interface.|| |
|Telnet|| ||Select this option to enable access to the device using TELNET.|| |
|SSH|| ||Select this option to enable access to the device using SSH.|| |
|Console|| ||Select this option to enable access to the device's console.|| |
- Select the Administrator Role for the administrator using this profile. Only one role can be assigned.
|Superuser|| ||Select this option to assign complete administrative rights to the user. This entails all the roles listed for all the other administrative roles.|| |
|System|| ||The System role provides permissions to configure general settings like NTP, boot parameters, licenses, perform image upgrades, auto install, manager redundancy/clustering and control access.|| |
|Network|| ||The Network role provides privileges to configure all wired and wireless parameters like IP configuration, VLANs, L2/L3 security, WLANs, radios, and captive portal.|| |
|Security|| ||Select Security to set the administrative rights for a security administrator allowing configuration of all security parameters.|| |
|Monitor|| ||Select Monitor to assign permissions without any administrative rights. The Monitor option provides read-only permissions.|| |
|Help Desk|| ||Assign this role to someone who typically troubleshoots and debugs problems reported by the customer. The Help Desk manager typically runs troubleshooting utilities (like a sniffer), executes service commands, views/retrieves logs and reboots the controller, service platform or Access Point. However, Help Desk personnel are not allowed to conduct controller or service platform reloads.|| |
|Web User|| ||Select Web User to assign the administrator privileges needed to add users prior to their validation and authentication into the wireless network.|| |
|Device Provisioning|| ||Select Device Provisioning to assign an administrator privileges to update (provision) device configuration files or firmware. Such updates run the risk of overwriting and losing a devices existing configuration unless the configuration is properly archived.|| |
|Vendor Admin|| ||Select this option to create a vendor-admin user role group so this particular user type can access offline device-registration portal data. Vendors are assigned username/password credentials for securely on-boarding devices. Devices are moved to a vendor allowed VLAN immediately after this on-boarding process, so vendors do not require unique registration roles. When the Vendor-Admin role is selected, provide the vendor's Group name for RADIUS authentication. The vendor's group takes precedence over the statically configured group for device registration.|| |
- Select the OK button to save an administrator's configuration, then commit and save. Select Reset to revert to the last saved configuration.