Route Scaling is a feature that helps scale the number of routes in the Routing Table Manager (Software based).
- Scales IPv4 and IPv6 routes for the Default VRF and the non-Default VRF.
- The X2 Series Module Line Card have NetRoute license. (This is factory installed and is not available for field upgrade).
- The 'M' Series of Line Cards have no license installed.
- Netroute mode is to be turned on using a user CLI. [no] cam-mode amod <slot-id>.
- Users who have a mix of M and X2 cards in the system, need to turn on Netroute only on X2 cards i.e:
(config)# cam-mode amod slot 4
(config)# cam-mode amod slot 6
- After the Netroute license is enabled, LP reload is required for Netroute mode to take effect.
# power-off lp 4
# power-on lp 4
Additional changes that require a reload may also be needed, verify the CAM and System-Max settings below prior to reloading to potentially reduce downtime
CAM Profile and System-max configuration guidelines:
- Ensure you are using one of the valid CAM Profiles
# cam-partition profile ipv4-ipv6-2
# cam-partition profile multiservice-6
# cam-partition profile default
- Changing the CAM profile will require a reload
- System-max for ip-route, ip-v6route, ip-cache and ipv6-cache are system-wide and apply to all the Line cards.
- System-max value should be limited to the max value supported by the specific CAM profile.
system-max ipv6-cache 1884160
system-max ipv6-route 1884160
system-max ip-cache 2621440
system-max ip-route 2506752
- Changing the system-max will require a reload