- 'End-System Added' event is the trigger when a new MAC address is seen.
- However, this notification is generated after IP address process is completed (not on Resolving IP Address).
- No notification or event is being fired before Resolving IP Address finishes. Although this might be interesting for clients that wants to get a notification for every system which connects to the network.
- In such cases "Endsystem" which is firstly connected, is in the state "resolving ip address" no notification is sent out.
- When the system changed to "´MAC to IP Resolution Failed" notification is being fired. It has been also seen in the lab that some system only going to the state "resolving ip address", thus this should also trigger notification for this event, however it does not.
- This is a known behaviour i.e. bug in progress.