The most common reasons that will prevent the adoption of heterogeneous APs by a virtual controller include but are not limited to the following:
- The AP used does not support the adoption of heterogeneous APs, example the AP65xx series APs.
- The following are the supported models:
- AP 8533
- AP 8432
- AP 7632/AP 7662/AP 7612
- AP 7622/AP7602
- AP 7532/AP 7522/AP 7562
- The adoption hierarchy is not being observed:
Following are the supported adoption hierarchies:
- AP 7662/7632 can adopt AP 7662/7632/7612
- AP 8533/8432 can adopt AP 8533/8432/7562/7532/7522/7662/7632/7622/7612/7602
- AP 7532/7562 can adopt AP7532/AP7562/AP7522
- AP 7532/7562/7522 can be managed by AP8533/AP8432 but not by AP7632/AP7662
- Firmware version mismatch. This will not prevent the adoption process from occurring, but will prevent the config from propagating to the adopted APs.
>show adoption status
>show version on <ap-name>
All APs should be running on firmware 220.127.116.11 or above.
- The ANYAP profile is not being used by the virtual controller. It is imperative that the ANYAP profile be the one used by the virtual controller for the adoption of heterogeneous APs.
#profile anyap <profile name>
Important: by default, this profile does not include a VLAN, an IP address, a Zero config IP address and it will NOT be set as a DHCP client.
DO NOT apply and use this profile before configuring these settings or you might be locked out and a console cable needed to reconfigure the AP.
- The ANYAP has been configured but not mapped to the virtual controller AP profile overrides.
#use profile <profile-name> (This is the anyap profile you created in step 4)
- The provisioning policy has not been configured. A provisioning policy is needed on the virtual controller for this type of adoption to work.
#auto-provisioning-policy <policy name>
#adopt anyap precedence <precedence-number> profile <anyap-profile-name> rf-domain <rf-domain-name> any
#adopt anyap precedence 1 profile AnyAP rf-domain default any
- Map the auto-provisioning policy to the virtual controllers profile overrides
#use auto-provisioning-policy <policy-name>
The BLE radio on an AP 76xx AP does not support “mode bt-sensor”. if this is configured on the anyap profile APs might not adopt.
The bluetooth mode needs to be changed to “mode le-beacon”
#profile anyap AnyAP
#interface bluetooth 1
bt-sensor Bluetooth classic sensor
le-beacon Bluetooth low energy beacon