Make sure the appliances software version is the same as the XMC/Extreme Management Server/Netsight version.
SSH to the analytics Appliance - run and capture to a log the following commands to guide you or support to next steps.
1. Check interface status , see if you have eth0, eth1 and/or lo interfaces created.
Make sure each of the interfaces is receiving traffic. If they are not, use ethtool ethX to determine link status first.
2. See if we are getting tunneled traffic. eth0 may be different depending on setup. If your sending mirrored traffic directly to the appliance, skip to step 4.
tcpdump -i eth0 ip proto 47
See if any packets come in, hit control -z to stop if so on all tcp dumps if NO data is displayed here, step 3 will certainly not show anything. Check the tunnel source configuration currently available on K-Series, S-Series or PV-FC-180. How To Configure the S-Series or PV FC-180 for Flow Collection to a Purview Appliance
3. Then tcpdump decode as gre
tcpdump -i gre1
4. See if Netflow packets are arriving. XOS switches may use port 2075, Extreme Wireless Controllers use port 2095, application telemetry sources use port 636
tcpdump -i eth0 udp port 2055
4a. Check to see if 'tap' port is getting mirror bidirectional traffic. This is needed if GRE is not being used and eth1 is being used to monitor mirrored traffic. No traffic here means that no response times will show up in Oneview.
tcpdump -i eth1
4b. Check to see if Internally, ipfix records are being created. This can be omitted if a Wireless Controller is the only source, as it can send ipfix records directly.
tcpdump -i lo udp port 9191
5. Check appID status
6. Make sure java is running.
ps -eaf | grep java
7. Make sure we are listing for it.
netstat -pan | grep java
7a. Look for non established connections
8. From Oneview, Applications -> Configuration -> Overview make sure that the enforce button has been used
9. From Oneview - Go to Applications -> Configuration -> Appliance -> Status ->Diagnostics
You will generally want to make sure that the Summary Data is incrementing.
But the other data is important as well. Grab a screen capture and make sure to refresh and re-capture.
10. Look at Applications -> Configuration -> Status
Take a screenshot of this. If no solution is apparent, gather all above data , open a GTAC case and attach to the case.