The following prerequisites must be met before you can register your device with the ExtremeCloud:
- You have purchased and received a supported device.
- You have received a Welcome email with a service contract number, if not contact your Sales person.
- The Welcome email has been forwarded to the network administrator, this will usually take 24 hours from the time requested.
- You have identified the location where you will deploy the device.
- Your company has configured a DHCP server that can issue IP addresses and provide a DNS server address to your AP.
- HTTPS traffic must be allowed through your firewall on port 443 for ExtremeCloud-managed APs and switches to connect to ExtremeCloud and receive their configuration, software updates and send analytics.
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) is allowed out through your firewall on port 123 so that the APs can submit NTP queries to pool.ntp.org to set their clocks.
- If a campus controller is already deployed at your site and discoverable from the AP installation point, you must configure any on-premise controller to allow only approved APs to register with the controller. (This action disallows the cloud-enabled APs to connect to it.) Note that the AP connection is not predicted in the case of both an on-premise controller and the ExtremeCloud server accepting an AP.
- You meet the additional requirements stated in the ExtremeCloud Release Notes.