Here are the most common reasons why adopted APs are not broadcasting the SSID:
- APs are not adopted by the controller:
#show adoptions status
- APs adopted by with errors: What do the entries in the CFG-STAT column mean when viewing the 'show adoption status' output in WiNG?
- The country code is not set in the RF-Domain
#show context (to verify if country code is set, if it isn't, proceed)
#country code <2-letter-country-code>
- Configuration >> Devices >> RF Domain >> Select the RF-Domain >> Edit >> Basic >> Configure Country and Time Zone >> OK >> Commit and Save
- The WLANs are not mapped to the radio. This is done from the Interface > Radio Menu. This can be a global (AP profile) or device (Override) setting (see important note):
#show wireless radio wlan-map
#profile <ap-model> <profile-name>
#interface radio 1
- (From AP): Configuration >> Devices >> System Profile >> Select profile to modify >> Edit
- (From controller): Configuration >> Profiles >> Select Profile to modify >> Edit
- Interface >> Radios >> radio 1 >> Edit
- WLAN Mapping / Mesh Mapping >> Move the WLAN from the WLANs section to the Radio section >> OK >> Exit >> Commit and Save
IMPORTANT NOTE: If previous WLANs had been mapped as AP overrides, make sure that newly created wlans are also mapped as overrides. Failing to do so will prevent the SSID from broadcasting even if the wlans are properly mapped in the AP profile.
Mismatch between the controller and AP firmware versions. Upgrade the AP/s, controller/s or both so that the firmware version matches and is the latest recommended/supported version:
- Make sure that Select shutdown is not enabled in the smart-rf policy resulting in hidden APs: How to disable the Smart-rf 2.0 Select-Shutdown feature in WiNG 5.9.2.x
- Wrong AP SKU: i.e. if a -WR SKU AP is adopted by a -US SKU controller, a -US SKU AP adopted by a -WR SKU controller or a -WR SKU AP adopted by an EU SKU controller on firmware older than 188.8.131.52. In the latter case, the minimum supported version is 184.108.40.206, but it is recommended to upgrade to a more recent version if possible, per this article: Can WiNG AP with SKUs ending in WR be deployed in the European Union?
- Check the rf-domain overrides to make sure that the WLAN is not shut down:
- Previous WLANs may have been mapped to the radios as overrides. If this is the case, new WLANs will also have to be mapped as overrides even if they are already properly mapped in the AP profile.
If none of the above reasons is the cause of your issue, please contact the technical support team
for further troubleshooting and assistance.