Here are the most common reasons why adopted APs are not broadcasting the SSID:
- APs are not adopted by the controller:
#show adoptions status
- APs adopted by with errors: What do the entries in the CFG-STAT column mean when viewing the 'show adoption status' output in WiNG?
- The country code is not set in the RF-Domain
#show context (to verify if country code is set, if it isn't, proceed)
#country code <2-letter-country-code>
- The WLANs are not mapped to the radio. This is done from the Interface > Radio Menu. This can be a global (AP profile) or device (Override) setting
#show wireless radio wlan-map
- Mismatch between the controller and AP firmware versions. Upgrade the AP/s, controller/s or both so that the firmware version matches and is the latest recommended/supported version:
- Make sure that Select shutdown is not enabled in the smart-rf policy resulting in hidden APs: How to disable the Smart-rf 2.0 Select-Shutdown feature in WiNG 5.9.2.x
- Wrong AP SKU: i.e. if a -WR SKU AP is adopted by a -US SKU controller, a -US SKU AP adopted by a -WR SKU controller or a -WR SKU AP adopted by an EU SKU controller on firmware older than 188.8.131.52. In the latter case, the minimum supported version is 184.108.40.206, but it is recommended to upgrade to a more recent version if possible, per this article: Can WiNG AP with SKUs ending in WR be deployed in the European Union?
- Check the rf-domain overrides to make sure that the WLAN is not shut down:
If none of the above reasons is the cause of your issue, please contact the technical support team
for further troubleshooting and assistance.