For COM/VPFM and IPFM:
- Uninstall the application and remove the “Avaya” directory from the installation directory.
- Before re-installing the application, define the host file entries with the proper format as specified below.
- For RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) platform check host file entry in "/etc/hosts" file.
- For Windows platform check host file entry in "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts" file.
- The Correct format of FQDN is as below :
<X.X.X.X> rhino.acme.com rhino
In the above example :
- "rhino” is the system name
- “acme.com” is domain name
- <X.X.X.X> is the IP address of the server
NOTE: Corrections performed after the installation will not resolve the issue. All the steps should be followed sequentially as mentioned above.For AFO/EFO:
As part of the initial troubleshooting, upgrade the appliance to version 1.2 and check. If the issue is still not fixed after the upgrade, contact GTAC