The BGP Equal Cost Multi-path (ECMP) feature supports load sharing by creating a multipath to a destination. This multipath contains multiple routes that are determined to have an equal cost because the following parameters are the same for each route:
- Local preference (for IGBP multi paths)
- AS path (entire attribute, not just the length)
- Origin code
- Multi Exit Discriminator (MED)
- IGP distance to the next hop
- Source session (EGBP or IGBP)
In this case, the AS path is not the same, so the routes will not be considered equal cost.