Below explains a problem scenario when a base unit is rebooted on a stack. Same scenario applicable to any unit on the stack which has FA Uplink.
Work around Solution:
- Another unit on the stack became temporary base
- FA management VLAN didn’t auto provision on FA Uplink port of the base unit after reboot
- Other FA VLAN-ISID assignments were auto provisioned (Active) on the FA Uplink port of rebooted base unit
- MAC address table of other FA vlan’s on the stack were not learned on FA server switch (core/distribution) even if other FA vlan’s were active on FA Uplink ports. This can result in failure of traffic for all FA VLAN’s from stack towards FA Server (core/distribution) and vice versa
- Upgrade operating system of the stack.
- This issue was reported on BOSS 7.6.0.007. Similar issue was not noticed on BOSS 7.6.1.033