For the AP39xx platform, Flexible Client Access (Airtime Fairness) reserves airtime in relation to the configured distribution. When configured for “100% airtime”, the WLAN services which have it enabled will share within that allocation, but leave no reservation for non-reserved WLAN services (FCA not enabled), therefore resulting in limited radio access time.
- WLAN1 and WLAN2, with both configured for Flexible Client Access enabled (and the default 100% airtime configured):
- Both WLANs will share the airtime available for any MU (mobility user, or client) connecting to these WLAN services.
- WLAN1, with Flexible Client Access enabled, and WLAN2, with Flexible Client Access disabled:
- WLAN1 will have all (or a very high amount of) airtime for any MU connecting to this Service.
- WLAN2 will have no airtime (or VERY limited airtime) for any MU connecting to this Service.